You’ve heard of it and have most likely been peer-pressured to download one of the hottest apps for college students on campus right now—Yik Yak, a social media platform with a feed that features anonymous posts “yakked” from people in your local area. While many of the popular ones are a bit too weird and scandalous to be included in this article, we’ve filtered through the Yaks of the week to recap what’s been going on in the Vanderbubble:
1. The dreaded 🧪 gen chem exam 🧪 was the talk of Commons as all the pre-med students struggled in solidarity trying to study for Thursday night. We know you’ve seen the messages written in chalk between the walk from the bridge and Stevenson… it would’ve been more helpful to graffiti equations or whatever, but I guess it’s the thought that counts??
2. Sore topic. Enough said. Did we really want Bama, guys?? 🥲
3. It’s almost time for sweater and pumpkin spice latte weather! The walks to class in the mornings for the past few days have been perfect, but the afternoons always throw a wrench in the fashionista’s ambitious outfit plans for the entire day—see the girlies who are already wearing knit sweaters 🥵 Supposedly, it’s going to get chillier this week with lows in the high 40s and highs in the low-mid 70s though!
4. I had to balance out the HOD hate with some STEM slander 🙈 I’m sure you’ve already heard about the overexaggerated caricatures and assumptions people have about certain majors on campus… take them with a boulder-sized grain of salt if you must partake in the clownery of these two popular majors!
5. A lot of Yaks didn’t make it on here for obvious reasons, but here’s a wholesome and relatable one for all of us to reflect on 💛