We all know that we are in the final push before Thanksgiving Break … seeing as I have a scene performance for my acting class tomorrow and I have not finished memorizing my lines (@ my procrastinating blog post), I decided to keep this simple … So for this week’s blog, I’m gonna tell y’all my picks for what to listen to, watch, and read over break. (Basically, this is just a list of my favorite artists, movies, and books.)
The song listed below is currently the only thing playing on my Spotify, so really I’m just going to list this one song, but it’s worth it.
- Maggie Rogers — “Light On”
(You can also check out the artists NEEDTOBREATHE, Ben Rector, and Chris Young, though …)
- Legally Blonde (… because if you haven’t, we can’t be friends. And if you have, you know you need to do it again …)
- Riverdale — I will be rewatching Season 1 to refresh, then binging Season 2 in order to start Season 3
- The Heat — if you need a good laugh, start here
- Elf — because once Thanksgiving hits, I will be watching this once a week …
Okay, up until now you may have known of all of the things I’ve listed so far, but you might not know these books. The first* two are geared towards people who love books … if you read a lot, these books are absolutely phenomenal. The third might be my favorite read so far — it’s much more light-hearted, and it’s comprised of short-stories/essays for people who are looking for less pages. (*Order not according to preference*)
- “The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao” by Junot Diaz
- “Americanah” by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “I Was Told There’d Be Cake” by Sloane Crosley
Since I’m going to attempt to stop procrastinating my scene now, I’ll end this post here … Hope y’all get some quality time to listen, watch, and read. Check back after break for more posts!