Top 5 most freshman moments I’ve had at Vanderbilt so far.
- Leaving Commons at the last second and sprinting across the bridge to get to class on time. Whether I sprinted out of the shower, or I woke up with just enough time to throw pants on, no matter what, I show up panting like a dog by the time I reach the classroom.
- Showing up to the the lecture hall and waiting for my professor on a day when I actually had class with my TA in a different room.
- That “different room” room was in Stevenson and I got lost for a solid 20 minutes. I wandered from one closed door to the next making awkward sign language through tiny glass windows.
- Going to both of the only “18 up” bars in one night. Leaving one place without the group I went with, and walking over to the other place alone… without a phone. The plan was for me to get an Uber home with any Vandy freshman I could find at the other place, but I ended feeling so bad about leaving my group that I borrowed a stranger’s phone, logged on to my GroupMe, messaged a mutual friend of someone who was still at the first place told her to tell my friend that I left. And then I stayed at the other place until I could cram into someone else’s Uber.
- Last but not least, I still use Google maps to get to every single class- every day.